The Shō Toku-dono (頌徳殿) at the entrance to the Mausoleum of Kōbō-Daishi on Kōyasan. This hall is used for the pilgrims to rest before entering the Mausoleum. It was built in commemoration for the 1100th anniversary of Kōbō-Daishi passing into the eternal realm and dates back to 1915. The Shō Toku-dono has a Hiwadabuki roof (檜皮葺). A Hiwadabuki roof is a roof covered with layers of Japanese cypress Hinoki (檜) bark shingles.