Washington National Cathedral | In 1898 the first bishop of Washington, Henry Yates Satterlee, chose a site overlooking the Federal City for the Washington National Cathedral. Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr. developed a master plan for the 59-acre site and was involved in its execution from 1907-1928. His plan included internal roadways, locations for institutional buildings, a series of open spaces and gardens, and a Pilgrim’s Path through the existing five-acre woodland.
The designers at Illuminations Lighting Design wanted to create something special. Introducing colored lighting transforms an ordinary pool feature into a whimsical display of light and color. The colors can be changed at the flip of a switch!