LEMON ICEBOX PIE
Published on August 4, 2022
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 10 servings
- •1½ cup (135 g) graham crackers - crushed (about 12 full graham cracker sheets)
- •6 tablespoon (89 ml) salted butter - melted
- •¼ cup (55 g) brown sugar - packed
- •¼ teaspoon (1 ml) ground cinnamon - optional
Lemon Pie Filling
- •2 14-oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- •5 large egg yolks - room temperature
- •2 teaspoon (10 ml) lemon zest - packed
- •Juice of 6 medium lemons - about 1 cup of juice
- •1 cup (238 g) heavy cream - cold
- •3 tablespoon (44 ml) powdered sugar
- •½ teaspoon (2 ml) pure vanilla extract
- •Preheat oven to 325°F. If using a tart pan with a removable bottom, line the bottom of your pie pan with parchment paper.
- •In a bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well until graham crackers are fully saturated with butter and mixture holds together when pressed.
- •Pour graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with removable bottom. Use the bottom of a cup or jar to press the crust down and along the sides. Set aside.
- •Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into prepare pie crust.
- •Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until filling is just set.
- •Chill in refrigerator, loosely covered in plastic wrap for 6 hours or overnight.
- •To make whipped cream, combine heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip for 3 minutes or until soft peaks form. Serve immediate with chilled pie.