Images of Richmond from LIFE magazine
Monument Avenue, from LIFE magazine, early 1930s. Click on the image twice for a much larger view . The image above is the first you will...
This July 1954 image shows the old Trailways bus terminal at North Ninth and East Broad streets downtown. In 1987, Greyhound purchased the assets of Trailways and closed this station, with bus service being consolidated at its Boulevard terminal. The Library of Virginia now occupies the downtown site.
Ukrops Market, 3600 Hull Street
Title: Ukrops Market, 3600 Hull Street Creator: Adolph B. Rice Studio Date: November 11, 1953 Identifier: Rice Collection 201B Format: 1 negative, safety film, 4 x 5 in. Rights Info: No known restrictions on publication. Repository: Library of Virginia, Visual Studies, 800 E. Broad St., Richmond, VA, 23219, USA, digitool1.lva.lib.va.us:8881/R
Highland Park School, Richmond, VA built 1909 based on a design by noted Virginia architect Charles M. Robinson. The Mediterranean Revival building is of brick and stucco with hipped roofs clad in terra cotta tile; this was a departure from the Georgian and Gothic styles commonly used in Virginia school buildings of the time. An important example of the work of Charles M. Robinson who served as Richmond School Board architect from 1909 to 1930. National Register of Historic Places (1991).
Come and Get Some History!
Main Street Grill, 17th and Main, Richmond, Virginia, USA 'Convenient to the James River Postcard image of the Main Street Grill. Located at 1700 E. Main Street, this image was taken by the owner of the establishment after the building was submerged by the flood of November 4-7, 1985. Grillcard #1, copyright 1991, Photo: Ruggles 11-85 The 33rd Annual Postcard Show and Sale, sponsored by the Old Dominion Postcard Club, will take place on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 10am - 6pm AND Saturday…