The Hall of Mirrors
The Hall of Mirrors, the most famous room in the Palace, was built to replace a large terrace designed by the architect Louis Le Vau, which opened onto the garden. The terrace originally stood between the King’s Apartments to the north and the Queen’s to the south, but was awkward and above all exposed to bad weather, and it was not long before the decision was made to demolish it. Le Vau’s successor, Jules Hardouin-Mansart, produced a more suitable design that replaced the terrace with a…
Free Photo: Carriage of Charles X
Historical photo of the extravagant carriage that belonged to Charles X, displayed in a museum on a wooden floor in Versailles, France, between 1890 and 1900. Picture of the Carriage of Charles X. This image is available as a print.