The abandoned Ushaw College, a former Catholic seminary and Licensed Hall of Residence of the University of Durham, covers 400 acres and lies derelict in the village of Ushaw Moor in the UK. It was founded in 1808 by scholars from English College, Douai, who had fled France after that college had been closed during the French Revolution. It has been abandoned since 2011.
The jail built in 1912 is one of approx. dozen structures remaining in the ghost town of Ludlow, Co (located 12 miles northwest of Trinidad, Co). The town has been abandoned since April 1914 when the Colorado National Guard & Colorado Fuel & Iron Company camp guards attacked the tent colony of 1,200 striking coal miners and their families. The site of the Ludlow Massacre has been designated a National Historic Landmark. #Travel
Abandoned High Hills Developmental Center-United States (1910-1993-originally constructed to treat Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases that were spreading throughout the surrounding major cities. The plans for a structure with a capacity for 75 patients were expanded to a 250 limit. The building, completed in 1912, featured large verandas for sun baths, a recommended treatment for TB at the time. The hospital claimed to be the first to use the Rollier sun method of treatment)